We’re gonna play a new game called Top
10 11 TV shows because there’s one for films. Write down your top shows and then tag at least 10 friends to do the same.
Thanks to afeelingdeepinyoursoul for tagging me! That was delightfully unexpected. Onto the list!
I changed the rules because I’m indecisive and sad. Honorable mention to every show I’ve ever watched but mostly Madoka Magica and Future Diary (Mirai Nikki??
ALSO tagged people: everyone. but specifically musthavebeenahulian, steeroftheyear, theannettlesesspoopy, ohsnapitsandres, 50shadesoflgray, never-so-shy, missthropphasapieshop, amundone, msandarenee, curi0us-s0ul
Tagged by missthropphasapieshop - i’m SO sorry this took 90 years to post
1. Always post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones. (so many questions)
3. Tag 11 new people (so many people!)
1.Is there any tv show that you used to love but now can’t stand?
I don’t think so? The View, maybe? (what a boring answer, sorry)
2. What about that you could never stand but now love?
3. Most relatable Disney princess
Probably Belle, just because it seemed like she always wanted to learn more. She’d been my favorite as a kid, anyways.
4. Favourite showtune to belt when no one’s around
It All Fades Away from The Bridges of Madison County! Well worth the listen if you haven’t heard it already
5. Best memory
This is kind of the lamest answer ever, but I don’t really have a favorite memory. I mean, I can’t pick just one. BUT a really good one that I have is playing a game called Ker-Plunk with my parents and my sister when we were tiny
6. If you could meet anyone on tumblr in person who would it be?
My sister is on tumblr and I miss my sister, so… *cough lame cough*
7. Favourite reaction gif (I just had to steal that question it is fantastic)
I have no gifs, I’m not that advanced, but if I had to pick one it’d be Laura Benanti with her side eye in the Sound of Music Live. I hope you know the one
8. If you could swap hair with anyone, who would it be?
MEG RYAN CIRCA SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE DON’T GET ME STARTED
9. Do you still ship your first otp?
Whoever they are, I’m sure I do
10. What’s your dream job?
I don’t know about dream job, but I’d like to do scientific research of some kind in the future.
11. Who is your favourite fictional villain?
Professor Umbridge. She’s simultaneously my least favorite as well
New Questions! !!! ! ! !!!!!
1. Do you have any pets, and if so, which one has the weirdest name? Or which one had the weirdest name?
2. Would you rather sleep in a room full of troll dolls or a room full of furbies?
3. What is your favorite song at the moment that is not in your favorite genre of music?
4. What is your least favorite song in the history of the world?
5. What is your favorite type of outdoor area (beach/ocean, forest, desert, city, etc)?
6. If you cook/bake, what is your favorite thing to make?
7. What is your favorite thing to read about?
8. If you could pick up any instrument and instantly know how to play it, which one would you choose?
9. Do you collect anything, and if so, what do you collect? If not, is there some kind of collection you want to begin?
10. Do you have a favorite type of dinosaur? If not, go google dinosaurs and find a cool one ‘cause dinosaurs.
11. For lack of a better question, what is your favorite color?
theannettlesesspoopy, musthavebeenahulian, curi0us-s0ul, laluchafrias, the-california-dreamer, yourmortalsoldier, ohsnapitsandres, kyledean-massey, justalittledashofcrazy, msandarenee, munchkinbaras, and also if anyone wants to do this, it would be awesome if you did
So last night I hit 300 followers (!!!). I remember for ages there I was convinced I wouldn’t even get 100 haha, yet here you all are, so thank you!! I’m only a little blog, so there aren’t that many people here, and I am so sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but I am so grateful for each and every one of you and I love you all so much :) But look, hover descriptions!
This is a billion years late, but thank you missthropphasapieshop for tagging me! You are delightful, and thanks so much for your kind words :)
An original song off our latest EP. Check it out kidzzzz, you won’t be disappointed!
YOOOOOO everyone please give them a listen they’re so fucking amazingly talented do itttttttttttttt listennnnnnnnnn
Parineeti Chopra responds to a male reporter who claims to know nothing about periods (menstrual cycle). [X]
I started my period when I was 10 years old. But we didn’t tell my grandma for three years because she subscribed to the “old traditions”, where a woman on her period could not enter the house, not even to bathe. Where she had to sit outside in front of the house (where the whole village could be witness to her shame and isolation) for the entire duration.
My friend started her period unexpectedly while we were at our local temple (in America) for dance class. Asking around if any of the parents had pads (all of them apologized and acted like adults about it), I thought surely the front office has a first aid kit. Don’t they have pads? When we asked, not only did they not have any, when one of the women gave one from her purse, the head secretary told us “There are men who need to use the first-aid kit, ya? So we don’t keep period things there.” Not even ibuprofen (which has so many more uses than period pain).
There are girls in India and Nepal (and other places, but I just read an in-depth piece about the situations in Nepal) who have to go to the “period hut” when their period comes and not leave until its over. They can’t wash and dry their cloth pads in the daylight, so they do it at night when the pads won’t dry properly before their next use, making them vulnerable to infection.
It is incredibly important, especially in India, to break the taboo surrounding periods. Break the secrecy around an event that happens to almost every woman, every month for literally half of her lifetime. Break the hiding, break the cover-up, break the SHAME.
Just break EVERYTHING. So little girls can go to school every day of every month without feeling ashamed. So women can work every day of every month to provide for their families without being glared at. So single fathers can confidently take care of their daughters’ health. So that women can talk about how terrible their period is or isn’t and give each other advice on how to deal with it without looking around to make sure men aren’t listening.
So that Whisper doesn’t have to be called Whisper, it can be called SHOUT. It can be called PROUD. So that we don’t NEED to fucking WHISPER about our bodies and our health.